Sunday 26 July 2009

Soccer match

Last year I thouroghly enjoyed the match we played at the textile factory. Yesterday we went back to the community centre the contruction team completed last year. We played a rolling five aside game against a team of youngsters aged between probably 8 and 15 and I think we lost about 10-9. At one stage they were running rings around us which was pretty embarrasing considering we had three FA coaches amongst us, taking part in their own project working with the Rwandan football authorities and including Alastair Burt MP. It was great for those who had helped construct the pitch see that it is put to such regular use and we had a fun, if tiring, afternoon after the physical work earlier in the day.
Today I will be switching projects to join the teachers in Butare where I will be taking over from Nick Hurd MP who took the class last week. Never, having taught before, I am approaching this role with a degree of trepidation, although Nick tells me the students are great. I'd better get my lesson planning done!