Friday 17 July 2009

Project Umubano 2009

The first part of the group from the Conservatives working in Rwanda this year arrived in the capital city Kigali yesterday evening and we will be joined by others on Saturday. I will be in Rwanda for the first week working on the mentoring project and next weekend I will transfer to Butare in the south of the country where I will be teaching English. It's a year since I was last here & have already noticed a number of new buildings where construction has finished but in many ways it seems I was only here a few weeks ago. The sounds and smells, and the air of relaxed commotion (if that's not a contradiction) hit me immediately as we came though the airport and on the bus journey to our accomodation. We have a couple of day to acclimatise and then the briefings and meetings begin.