Tuesday 17 March 2009

Locality Panels

During the past week I have attended two of rugby’s locality panel meetings. Locality panels are held by Ward County Councillors and local Police to discuss matters of concern within the use smaller geographical units. I am very familiar with the style of these meetings as I used to attend those of Dunchurch divisional panel in my time as a Rugby Borough Councillor. I attended Rugby Town West panel which covers Overslade, Caldecott and Bilton last week and yesterday I was at Rugby Town North covering Newbold, Brownsover and Benn. The agendae were similar, and covered topical issues, in this case the new refuse and recycling arrangements, current developments, and then followed a report from the Police. In addition the Police are looking for a guide from the community as to the priorities they would like to see intended to. In each case I was able to get a good feel of what is happening in each area and what residents would like to see done. In many ways it is a great pity that not more of the public are unable to attend.