Thursday 4 March 2010

Question Time 2, 3, 4, 5, ...

Already I have taken part in two local question time events with other candidates as well as appearing together on the local BBC Politics Show. The most recent event was earlier this week and organised by a new business breakfast group "Rugby does Breakfast" when we were once again put through our paces by an informed audience. Already there are 3 other such events in my diary between now & the expected election date and I know of a couple of others still to fix a date. As a candidate in 2005 elsewhere, I debated with my opponents only twice during the entire campaign and on each occasion the candidate from one of the parties failed to show at all! Does this mean that there will be increased interest in this years election? I hope so, although I am finding that the proportion of electors saying that they won't vote is as high as previously. I do think that those intending to vote are more interested in calling to account those who seek to respresent them, with more detailed questioning. Looks like a lively few weeks ahead.