Tuesday 16 March 2010

Bulkington House Meeting

Throughout my time as a candidate, I have been meeting groups of residents in someone's home to hear views and answer questions. Yesterday James who is spending a couple of weeks with my campaign as part of his work experience, and I met residents in Bulkington. We covered a huge range of topics starting with the issues relating to illegal traveller encampments which has been a feature of the village in recent years. MPs expenses is a topic I am regularly questioned about and that together with proposals for dealing with the deficit took up a large part of our discussion. I learnt a great deal from those present who told me how very clearly they see things. I was most encouraged at the end when I was asked by one person if they could join in our campaign to win the seat and look forward to being out on the doorsteps there soon!