Sunday 21 June 2009

Rwanda 2009

They say few people visit Africa only once and that's true for me as I will be again joining the Conservative Partys team in Rwanda this summer. Last year I worked on a project supporting small businesses and this year I will be joning two. The first will be teaching English to primary school teachers and the second is a new project for 2009 providing mentoring support for young genocide survivors who are reaching the age where they are applying for University places and for jobs. I hope to bring to use my experience as a buisiness owner having assessed many cvs and applications and as a dad with my own children having gone through this process. Last week we met with David Russell of SURF, the UK based Fund supporting survivors, to get our early ideas together.