Monday 19 November 2007

Back in the Gym

I was in the gym again on Sunday morning, having attended the Remembrance Day Service last Sunday. I enjoy the political programmes on Sunday morning and with 5 screens in front of me can flick between the coverage on ITV, Sky and BBC while I'm doing something to keep myself fit. The difference between yesterday and just a few months, even a few weeks ago, is very clear. We're now making the running and leading the issues with the broadcasters much more sympathetic. On Sunday Michael Gove on BBC gave a sterling performance on new proposals for the teaching of reading to Primary School children, refusing to be side tacked by Andrew Marr and Theresa May was covering the same issue on ITV. Where were the Government spokesmen? It's no surprise that the opinion polls are heading firmly in our direction.