Monday 16 April 2007

Old Laurentians meet up


I spent Saturday evening at the Annual Dinner of the Old Laurentian Society, held at the school. This gave me an opportunity to meet up with old friends and many made a special effort to be there as our year group all have a significant birthday this year. It was great to meet up with people I see infrequently and also the “usual suspects” who will turn up anywhere for dinner and a beer. I knew about the school news given by the Headmaster as my son Will is in the 6th form, but was pleased to maintain my contact with the school. I have a huge pride in having been to Lawrence Sheriff, and value the contacts I made there and the influence the place has had on my life. As a grammar school (still), boys there came and come from a broad range of backgrounds and it provides a first class education and start in life. We need more schools like it.