Tuesday 10 April 2007

Its started


The campaign for the local elections is now fully under way with 15 seats up for grabs at Rugby Borough Council. As the Parliamentary candidate, I will be out with Conservative candidates in all of the wards we are contesting and have so far been out in three. In the attached photo I'm withMark Williams, our candidate in Admirals and the two existing Conservative Councillor there, Peter Butlin and Mike Stokes. Joining our canvassers is a great opportunity for me to meet people and get a feel of how they’re thinking. Obviously there are those people who remain loyal to the party they usually support, but I’m already getting a sense from people who weigh up the alternatives each time they vote, that Labour’s time is coming to an end. As one gentleman said to me the other evening “they’re getting past their sell-by date”. The results on the 4th May will be very interesting and a pointer to what will happen at the next General Election.