Tuesday 6 May 2008

End of an era for me

Friday was my last full day worked at Central Catering Supplies, the business I founded with my brother Mike over 25 years ago (although I spent the first half of the day in the Benn Hall at the counting of votes in the local elections). It was a day of mixed emotions as I have loads to do within my political career and so I am leaving in the hands of others a company which was originally my baby and has been my life thoughout almost all of my working career. The staff at CCS were kind enough to present me with a superb bottle of wine, Chateau Branaire, St Julien from 1982, the significance of which is that this is the year in which we started the company & although you can't see it, I am pointing at the year on the label. I will enjoy drinking the bottle in celebration of a significant event in the next year or two!