Monday 7 April 2008

Old Laurentian Dinner 2008

Last year I attended the dinner to meet up with old friends and listen to a speaker; this year I was the speaker & this was the first time I have spoken in Big School. A broad range of ages of Old Laurentians attended and when I saw the younger guys hitting the Port with the first course I realised I would need to be on my toes; I reckoned that handling their interruptions would stand me in good stead for dealing with the Labour benches in the House of Commons. As it was, I think I got off lightly, enjoyed the evening and sitting next to the Headmaster learnt a great deal about the progress of and plans for the School. A great disapointment was that my son, Will, who left the 6th form last year wasn't able to join me at what would have been his first OL Dinner as he is on a visit to Egypt with a party from University.