Monday 7 April 2008

A new era dawns

For the past few months I have been involved in negotiations for the sale of the business my brother, Mike, and I set up 25 years ago. The matter was finally concluded on Friday after an intense few days. In fact the only activity that I have ever been involved in with the same level of intensity has been fighting a General Election. The magnitude of the change that this will mean for me hasn’t yet sunk in, but it will mean that I will have more time to spend as a Parliamentary candidate over the next few months and possibly two years as we wait for the next Election.
It will also involve me no longer having an involvement in an industry which I have been involved in almost my entire working life, and a business which has been my life for 25 years. In the short term I will be involved in ensuring an effective handover with the new owners and so maybe now isn’t yet the time for reminiscing.
In the meantime there are always the Borough Council elections to keep me busy!