Thursday 11 September 2008

Back to college

I enjoy putting new items on the blog but I don't enjoy the typing involved in doing so because I am no good at it. Computers were in their infancy when I was at School and University so they didn't feature in my education and I started my working career at a time when businesses employed secretaries to type letters. After a few years I had a PC on my desk in my own business and I started to input data & prepare documents but it's always been painfully slow and often inaccurate using one finger. Now I am writing more articles, letters & documents like this I thought it would be a good idea to learn to type properly. Accordingly I have enrolled at Warwickshire College, Rugby on an e-type course learning to touch type. The literature says I will "become a real whizz at using (my) computer keyboard" and I will be "able to save time and have faster results at my fingertips" Hope so! I did my first hour session yesterday and look forward to better blogging!